Can I Trust The Website Design of Your Company?by David Lawrence
in Conversion Centred Web Design
Anyone who runs a website knows there is often a fine line between success and failure. Obviously the big ticket items of design, functionality and marketing, such as search engine optimisation plays a major role. However something often overlooked, but absolutely central to online success is trust.
Website Design Trust Questions
- Do website visitors trust your business or organisation?
- Do they trust your website?
- Do they believe what you're saying about your business?
- Do they feel confident doing whatever it is you want them to do on your website?
- Do they trust the claims you are making about what you can do for them?
Whether you are selling products, services, generating leads or building brand awareness, none of your website design or search engine optimisation efforts will matter if you cannot quickly develop trust. Depending on your answers to the questions above, there are a number of steps you can take to establish the trust of your hard won website visitors.
Steps to Improve Trust on Your Website
- Tell people about yourself
- Allow visitors to create reviews and ratings of your products or listings
- Include prominent offline contact information
- Display your shipping and returns policy
- Feature client testimonials and case studies
- Allow visitors to leave comments on your blog
- Install a trust/security seal throughout your website
- Prominently display industry accreditations
- Include images of your physical location or key staff on your website
- Make sure you always look professional (with your design and content)
Many of these deserve closer attention and over the coming months I will explore them more fully. Getting the trust balance right can see you enjoying a significant increase in results from search engine optimisation and a proper website design every month.
My question for you right now is... how seriously have you been taking website trust? How many more sales or leads could your website generate if your site visitors felt the same way about your business as you do?.
Post Revised: 20/06/2012